Be sure to check out our new website at … www.magicjudy.ca … it’s still in build mode, but everything you need to know is there!!!
WHY HIRE A RETOUCHER?
As a photographer for 20 years, one thing I’ve come to understand is that the photography part of what we do is such a small part of running our business. The other important thing that I’ve learned is to let go of the things I really don’t want to do myself. Retouching and design, as a skill of mine is something that I can offer to other photographers, to help them dig out of what can sometimes feel like a black hole of constant WORK. This is why, as a boudoir photographer, if you really hate retouching then hiring someone to take that huge job off your plate can be like a breathe of fresh air. Let someone else, namely us, do that for you instead!!
WHY HIRE US TO DO YOUR RETOUCHING?
Every client is unique. Understanding the world of the boudoir photography, which we do very well, is to know that each artist presents their images to suit their style and aesthetic. For that reason, we make a huge effort to retouch your images to suit your specific needs. We work with every client to build a personalized image workflow that provides a finished product that they are proud to present to their client.
HOW DO I HIRE YOU?
If you’re interested in using our services, feel free to contact me at email@example.com and I will chat with you about the process. (Right now we are at our capacity and not taking on any new clients. I am expanding and adding employees so at any point I could be taking new clients, so keeping in contact with me is always a good idea. I don’t do a wait list because it’s just to difficult to keep track of everyone that inquires, so I’ll just leave that in your hands!!)
Retouching Prices – $3.50 to $4 per image – I will determine the work your images will need and invoice you accordingly.
Additional charge fee in the range of $4.00-$4.50 per image.
DEFINITION OF WHAT CONSTITUTES MORE ATTENTION:
I thought it might be useful to provide a definition of what I consider to be a reason to charge more for additional attention. So here are the things that can impact the pricing of your images:
- Acne – when this affects the entire face and makes it difficult to get a “natural” result. This takes a considerable amount of time and patience and usually affects the majority of your images.
- Abundance of forehead wrinkles (because ultimately the face pretty much appears in the majority of your images) and falls in the same line as Acne
- Stretch marks – this is something that is subjective. A few stretch marks on the hip area and tummy area are not something that I’d usually charge more for, but when the client has stretch marks that are dark, wrinkled and/or cover a large portion of the stomach area, shoulders, thighs, etc., this can be difficult to retouch. In some instances this might just affect a couple of images and wouldn’t incur a charge, but if there are a lot of images where the stretch marks are dominant, then it could affect your per image charge.
- Varicose veins – much in the same way stretch marks affect your images, legs with a lot of these types of veins can take a great deal of work. Again, it would be based on how many images this impacts in your job.
- Cellulite – same as stretch marks and varicose veins. This is cellulite on an “extreme” basis.
- Tattoo elimination – this can really be tricky, especially when the tattoo intersects clothes, folds, etc. This will always incur an additional charge unless the tattoo is super small and only affects a limited number of the shots.
- Alligator skin – this is something that happens in really pale people. It’s like their skin photographs with an alligator/patchy pattern. It can affect legs (usually the most), arms and stomach area. This requires a boatload of extra time and care. So when this happens there is definitely going to be an additional charge.
- Bad makeup jobs – whether this is because your makeup artist made a mess or because the client’s skin caused it to run. Biggest issue is fixing loose false lashes. This takes a HUGE amount of time to repair. Again, if it effects lots of images and it’s a major repair, then there will be a charge.
Raw Processing – $.25 per image
Rush Fee – $1.00 per image (based on needing the job before normal turnaround times)
Couple’s Fee – $1.00 for each image where an additional person is in the image (couple) or a clearly in focus mirror image along with a regular body image needs retouching, so essentially 2 people again. If your mirror image is out of focus this will not apply
Regular turnaround is on an 7-10 day cycle (which does NOT include WEEKENDS when we are closed). If you need to have your job before 7 days, you will check off “RUSH” on the form and the additional fee will be applied. As always, it’s best to check with me first to see if I can deliver in the timeframe you need.
EXAMPLES OF OUR RETOUCHING STYLE
NO RESERVING DATES:
As much as I’d like to say I can reserve dates ahead for you, this is impossible. I simply can’t do it. I process a minimum of 500-600 images a week. It is simply on a first come, first serve basis. My booking method has to be fair for everyone and that is by giving you dates as you are submitting your job. If you are shooting and submitting the same day, you can always check with me that morning on what the next available date is, especially if you are trying to book a reveal. In that case I will then pencil you because I know the job is coming immediately.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
HOW TO SEND YOUR IMAGES:
FORMATTING YOUR IMAGES:
I will accept images in any format you prefer, however, my preference is for high resolution JPGs, that have been as cleanly processed as possible (meaning no fancy actions or presets applied yet) as they are easier to work with. I always suggest you apply your final creative work to the final retouched images. Of course if you are asking for Raw Processing then I expect you to send me your image files from camera. I work in Lightroom and do not provide the Lightroom catalogs. If you wish that, then load your images into a catalog and send it with your images. I’ll work with that catalog and send it back to you.
All billing is through Paypal in U.S. Funds unless you are Canadian. Canadians are billed in Cdn Funds with full taxes applied. You will be billed upon submission of your job. Payment is due before the job begins.